Sønderborg Airport

Sønderborg Airport is home to Alsie Express

Bitten & Mads Clausen’s Foundation has owned 50.1% of Sønderborg Airport since 2021. The remaining 49.9% is owned by Sønderborg Municipality.

The ability to fly to and from Sønderborg is considered a basic prerequisite for running a global business with its headquarters in Als. Therefore, for the benefit of Danfoss, Bitten & Mads Clausen’s Foundation has chosen to invest in the airport.

The Foundation is in discussion with the airport's management on the future development of the airport. One consideration is the possibility of opening up new air routes and the feasibility of this is currently being analysed. Sustainability is another point of focus and initiatives have been launched towards improving energy efficiency and the use of Sustainable Aviation Fuel (SAF).

Alsie Express is a regional airline and serves the route between Sønderborg and Copenhagen. The company was established on 22 May 2013 and was created because the business community in Southern Jutland, led by Danfoss, needed more daily flights between Sønderborg and Copenhagen Airport.

A brief word about Alsie Express

The company is headquartered at Sønderborg Airport and managed by its sister company Air Alsie. Both companies are owned by Sandma Holding A/S.

In spring 2013, the board of Bitten & Mads Clausen’s Foundation decided to invest in two ATR 72 aircraft, which were deployed on the Sønderborg – Copenhagen route in June 2013 by Alsie Express. To top off this investment, the company chose to send the two aircrafts to a paint workshop in Eindhoven, where they were painted in their distinct black livery.

In July 2023, Bitten & Mads CLausens Fond together with Sønderborg Municipality announced a large investment in the airport of over DKK 200 million. The money will be invested in building a new terminal, as well as renovating and modernizing the existing areas and operational buildings.

Read more about the project by following the link below

Sønderborg Airport to be modernized